Specialized Henge and Venge?

I would love to know who at Specialized came up with these names and what they are supposed to make me think when I use their products! Supposedly Venge is from revenge, which is questionable to me as it is, but Henge? Stonehenge? Someone please enlighten me!! (the Henge, which by the way is a saddle, got a great review at Bikeradar.)
Looking into it some more I did come to realize that venge in French is what you sometimes hear fans at the races screaming at their favorite riders. It does translate to revenge or vengeance in English, so that would make sense to me. It's just that a Specialized representative said straight up that they got it from the English word revenge. I guess  I'm just splitting hairs...   It could also mean this though!

Comments

Popular Posts